Oleksandr Usyk calls out Deontay Wilder after opponent fails drug test

Oleksandr Usyk says his first goal in the heavyweight division is to strip Doentay Wilder of his WBC title.

Tyrone Spong was scheduled to welcome the Ukrainian to the weight class this Saturday in Chicago, but that fight has now been cancelled following the heavyweight’s failed drug test.

Usyk is still expected to fight this weekend, with his promoter Eddie Hearn insisting they would find a replacement before Saturday.

The former undisputed crusierweight champion is being billed as the darkhorse of the heavyweight division, with many fight fans predicting he will beat Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Wilder.

Asked who out of three heavyweights he would most like to fight, Usyk told IFLTV: ‘Of course I want to fight them [Joshua, Wilder and Fury].

‘At this point, the most I want to fight is Wilder. Because he has the green belt and that’s the most important belt to me.’

Joshua, Fury and Wilder be watching Usyk’s debut closely to see how the 32- year-old handles the jump up to heavyweight.

Spong, on the other hand, is now facing a ban after returning an ‘adverse finding’ in a VADA test.

Hearn confirmed both parties were informed of the test results, but Spong has denied he tested positive for any banned substance.

Spong even suggested he was the victim of sabotage.

‘This is a set up,’ Spong told BoxingScene.com. ‘I vehemently deny that I have ever taken the substance named in VADA’s report.

‘I have asked for testing of the B sample at a laboratory of my choosing.

‘Testing performed last week at the request of the Illinois Boxing Commission showed, what I’ve always known, that I’m a clean fighter.’

Source: Read Full Article