It’s embarrassing enough for an MLB player who tests positive for a banned substance.
Now imagine the player trying to explain to MLB officials that the positive test resulted because he had taken some sexual-enhancement pills, the type commonly sold in gas stations.
That’s happened to at least two players this year, according to ESPN. The report noted the use of such pills among players is so “prevalent,” MLB sent out a memo Monday warning of the dangers of such supplements.
The letter, which was sent to all MLB players, as well as minor league players and the players union, noted that “these products are often contaminated with prohibited and unsafe ingredients” and that players can be disciplined even if they inadvertently ingest a banned substance.
Source: Read Full Article