Whyte hits out at Wilder's 'ridiculous' decision to fight Fury again

‘Tyson Fury is better than him in every department’: Dillian Whyte hits out at Deontay Wilder’s ‘ridiculous’ decision to activate his rematch clause with the Gypsy King after suffering stoppage defeat in their second fight

  • Dillian Whyte has called Deontay Wilder ‘ridiculous’ for fighting Tyson Fury again
  • The Gypsy King won the WBC heavyweight title from the American last month
  • Wilder had a rematch clause which he quickly invoked after the Las Vegas lost
  • But Whyte, who is still waiting for a WBC title fight, believes he will lose again

Dillian Whyte has slammed Deontay Wilder for activating his rematch clause with Tyson Fury, branding the American’s decision ‘ridiculous’.

Wilder and Fury are set to meet for a third time at some point this year after the Gypsy King produced a stunning performance in Las Vegas to take the American’s WBC crown.  

It seems Fury has the Bronze Bomber’s number though after the lineal champion also had to settle for a disputable draw in their first fight in December 2018, a contest Whyte also things should have gone Fury’s way. 

Dillian Whyte has slammed Deontay Wilder’s (right) decision to fight Tyson Fury (L) again

Whyte, pictured in December 2019, thinks Fury is better than Wilder ‘in every department’ 

And Whyte, who is still waiting for his shot at the WBC title, believes Wilder should never have considered fighting Fury again because he is ‘better than him in every department’. 

‘Yes, it’s ridiculous, considering he lost the first fight,’ Whyte told Sky Sports.

‘I think Tyson Fury is better than him in every department.

‘What’s he going to change now that he hasn’t changed in the past 12-15 years? 

‘Nothing, he’s going to change nothing.’

Bob Arum, who is Fury’s co-promoter in the United States with Frank Warren, has now admitted there is no chance the third bout between the pair will go ahead on July 18 due to the coronavirus pandemic. 

Fury produced one of boxing’s greatest performances to topple the American in February 

When asked about the possibility of staging the fight as planned, Arum told ESPN: ‘Clearly not. We don’t even know if the MGM will even be open by then. 

‘You could not guarantee the fighters that the event would take place on that date. We couldn’t convince them or ourselves.

‘Where were they going to train for it? It just made no sense. You just have to take a step back. 

‘How are you going to sell tickets? It’s absolutely ridiculous to say the fight is on when the Brits can’t even get there. 

‘So everybody has to take a step back. Boxing is not isolated. It’s part of what’s happening in the world. So possibly the fight will be in early October.’




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article