The Cleveland Browns placed another key starter on the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday.
Center JC Tretter has tested positive. The president of the NFLPA took to Twitter on Thursday to share the news, while encouraging NFL players to “take every precaution available to them to protect themselves, their families and their teammates from this virus.”
Tretter joins more than a dozen teammates on the COVID list, including quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Case Keenum, running back Kareem Hunt, wideout Jarvis Landry and offensive tackle Jedrick Wills. Cleveland did activate safety Grant Delpit and offensive tackle James Hudson off the COVID list Thursday.
It remains to be seen which other players will be available for Saturday’s game against the Packers, though Mayfield is expected to play. Coach Kevin Stefanski, who also recently tested positive, cleared protocols and returned to the team facility Wednesday.
Per the NFL’s updated COVID protocols, fully vaccinated players who test positive can clear protocol within one day if they register two negative tests and are asymptomatic.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said running back James Conner (heel), wideout Rondale Moore (ankle) and Max Garcia (knee) are game-day decisions. Defensive lineman Jordan Phillips (knee) will not play Sunday versus the Colts but is expected back before end of the regular season.
- The Carolina Panthers placed center Pat Elflein, guard/tackle Dennis Daley and practice squad defensive end Austin Larkin on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Chicago Bears removed quarterback Andy Dalton and defensive end Mario Edwards from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Dallas Cowboys are placing receiver Simi Fehoko, safety Malik Hooker and running back JaQuan Hardy on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Denver Broncos placed center Lloyd Cushenberry on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Houston Texans designated defensive lineman DeMarcus Walker and wideout Danny Amendola to return to practice.
- The Minnesota Vikings placed running back Dalvin Cook on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Minnesota also placed practice squad corner Tye Smith on the COVID list and activated receiver Dan Chisena and practice squad Kyle Hinton from the COVID list.
- New York Giants coach Joe Judge said wideout Kadarius Toney, linebacker Oshane Ximines and safety J.R. Reed were cleared to rejoin the team Thursday from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Tennessee Titans offensive tackle Kendall Lamm announced on social media that he has tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Thursday night’s game against the 49ers.
- The Washington Football Team activated quarterback Taylor Heinicke, linebacker David Mayo and tight end Temarrick Hemingway from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Chicago Bears signed linebacker Sam Kamara to the active roster and linebacker Ledarius Mack to the practice squad.
- The Houston Texans are signing kicker Dominik Eberle to the practice squad, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed running back AJ Rose to the practice squad.
- The Washington Football Team released quarterback Jordan Ta’amu from the the practice squad.
Source: Read Full Article