The Tampa Bay Buccaneers continue to get healthier at the most important time of the year.
One day after linebacker Shaquil Barrett was removed from the COVID list, linebacker Lavonte David and running backs Leonard Fournette and Giovani Bernard were designated to return from injured reserve. The trio must be activated within the next 21 days.
Tampa Bay might look to play them sooner as it prepares for Sunday’s wild-card game against Philadelphia.
David (foot) and Fournette (hamstring) both went on IR on Dec. 23, with the expectation that they’d return for a playoff run. The two veterans made crucial contributions to last year’s Super Bowl team and would likely be counted on to do the same this year. Bernard, who missed four games with hip and knee injuries, has been a valuable receiving option out of the backfield in his first year with the Bucs.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed kicker Elliott Fry on IR.
- The Dallas Cowboys removed linebacker Micah Parsons and offensive tackle Tyron Smith from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Green Bay Packers coach Matt LaFleur said pass rusher Za’Darius Smith will practice Wednesday. Smith only appeared in the Packers’ season opener before undergoing back surgery in October.
- Seattle Seahawks Pro Bowl safety Quandre Diggs underwent successful surgery Tuesday from noted expert Dr. Robert Anderson to repair a broken fibula and dislocated ankle, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Diggs is facing a 4-5 month recovery, Rapoport added.
- The Cincinnati Bengals signed linebacker Austin Calitro to the practice squad.
- The Los Angeles Rams are signing retired safety Eric Weddle to play in the playoffs, Rapoport reported, via Weddle’s agent. The Rams are shorthanded after a season-ending ankle injury to Jordan Fuller.
Source: Read Full Article