The Buccaneers are back from their bye week, but they’re leaving a couple of key contributors behind.
Tight end Rob Gronkowski (back) and receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) will not play in Sunday’s game, Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians told reporters Friday.
Gronkowski has not seen significant playing time since injuring his ribs in Tampa Bay’s Week 3 loss to the Los Angeles Rams, although he did play a handful of snaps in the Buccaneers’ most recent contest, a 36-27 defeat at the hands of the New Orleans Saints. After the loss to the Saints, Arians admitted he felt Gronkowski’s return to action was rushed.
The tight end has since had nearly two full weeks to recover and prepare, but will not take the field against the Washington Football Team.
Brown, meanwhile, has not played since Week 6 due to his ankle injury.
In other injury news, wideout Chris Godwin (foot) will be a game-time decision, per Arians. Godwin did not practice on Wednesday and Thursday.
- The Carolina Panthers officially placed quarterback Sam Darnold on injured reserve. It was reported on Wednesday that Darnold is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury. Defensive end Brian Burns (ankle) and linebacker Frankie Luvu (knee) are questionable.
- Dallas Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith (ankle) will not play Sunday if he can’t practice Saturday, per coach Mike McCarthy. Smith did not play in Week 9.
- Buffalo Bills linebacker Tremaine Edmunds (hamstring) has been ruled out for Sunday’s game versus the Jets, per coach Doug McDermott.
- Jacksonville Jaguars coach Urban Meyer said running back James Robinson (heel) is questionable with a good chance to play against the Colts. Meyer also said that quarterback Trevor Lawrence (ankle), left tackle Cam Robinson (back), and linebacker Myles Jack (knee) are good to go.
- The Washington Football Team ruled receiver Curtis Samuel (groin), defensive end Montez Sweat (jaw) and cornerback Benjamin St-Juste (concussion protocol) out for Week 10.
- Philadelphia Eagles offensive lineman Andre Dillard suffered an injury during practice, per coach Nick Sirianni. Dillard and defensive end Josh Sweat (concussion) are questionable for Sunday.
- The Minnesota Vikings placed defensive end Kenny Willekes on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed defensive end Eddie Yarbrough to the active roster.
- The Carolina Panthers released quarterback James Morgan.
Source: Read Full Article