Brazilian midfielder Allan has been spotted leaving a hotel in Liverpool as he edges closer to a move to Everton.
The Toffees are lining up a number of incredibly ambitious swoops if their plans come together.
And the first addition to Carlo Ancelotti’s could be Napoli’s defensive-midfielder Allan, who has been in the UK for several days now.
Ancelotti worked with the Brazil international at the San Paolo Stadium, and Allan has been an important figure for the Serie A side since joining in 2015.
The 29-year-old is thought to have arrived earlier this week to undergo a medical, and was even pictured with a club official outside a medical centre in Liverpool.
Allan has now been spotted leaving the Titanic Hotel at around 9am in the city, meaning he and his party and probably trying to tie up any loose ends and finalise the transfer.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis admitted on Thursday that it was now a matter of paperwork when it came to Allan’s transfer.
“Allan at Everton? Ask Chiavelli and Giuntoli; I need to check if all the cards are okay,” he told local radio station Kiss Kiss, relayed by Calcio Napoli 24.
“The lawyer told me the papers are okay, but I don’t know if he’s signed yet.”
De Laurentiis also admitted that he did not sell Allan or Kalidou Koulibaly to PSG last summer, despite the huge offer from the French champions.
The Italian businessman claims he was offered £110m for the Senegal centre-back, who is a long-term target of Manchester United.
De Laurentiis has admitted that it looks likely Koulibaly will leave the club, but probably not to City as they still hold a “grudge” against Napoli for allowing Jorginho to join Chelsea in 2018.
Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!
Want to be on the ball with Jadon Sancho to Manchester United updates? Or perhaps you're a Chelsea fan waiting for news on Kai Havertz?
Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.
How do you sign up?
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.
And that's it!
You can later unsubscribe by hitting the button on any one of the emails.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
“How can we have a normal and calm negotiation with Manchester City to sell Koulibaly?” he said on Canale 21. “They won’t talk directly with us because of the Jorginho deal two years ago.
“Koulibaly and [Arkadiusz] Milik are both on their way out, transfer market permitting.
“So, if the transfer market allows us to sell these two excellent players, we will know how to replace them. If not, then we’ll discuss it again next year.”
Source: Read Full Article