Bailly 'FURIOUS with Solskjaer and plans to snub new contract offer'

Eric Bailly is ‘FURIOUS with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’ and doesn’t feel ‘respected or wanted by the manager’ after being left out of Manchester United’s win over AC Milan as he ‘plans to snub new contract offer’

  • Eric Bailly was not part of the squad for Manchester United’s win over AC Milan 
  • The 26-year-old was reportedly furious at the snub and feels disrespected
  • The Ivorian is set to turn down a 12-month deal extension with the Red Devils
  • Bailly has made 100 appearances for the club since arriving from Villarreal

Eric Bailly is reportedly set to turn down a contract extension at Manchester United after he was left out of the squad for the impressive 1-0 win over AC Milan.

The Ivorian was said to be furious at the snub, with Victor Lindelof selected to play alongside club captain Harry Maguire as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men secured a famous win at the San Siro in the second leg of their round-of-16 Europa League clash. 

Bailly is now set to reject an additional 12-month offer which would tie him to the Red Devils until 2023, according to The Sun.

Eric Bailly is reportedly furious after being left out of the second-leg win against AC Milan

Bailly was omitted from the squad as Victor Lindelof was selected alongside Harry Maguire

The 26-year-old has largely played second fiddle to Lindelof as Maguire’s centre-back partner and has become increasingly frustrated at his lack of opportunities, with Thursday’s snub the final straw. 

A dressing-room source said: ‘Eric has had enough now. He simply doesn’t feel wanted or respected by the manager.

‘Eric doesn’t believe he gets any answers or explanation about the way he is treated and feels he is the easy option to leave out.

‘It’s a real shame because Eric always tells us he loves the club and feels the respect of the fans.

‘Eric has had enough now. He simply doesn’t feel wanted or respected by the manager.’  

Bailly arrived at Old Trafford in 2016, but has seen his time in England disrupted by injuries, with knee and ankle issues hampering his progress. 

Bailly is set to snub a new deal which would have kept him at Manchester United until 2023

The 26-year-old’s time at the club has been punctuated by injuries since he arrived in 2016

His first season with the Red Devils saw him play a key part in the Europa League triumph under Jose Mourinho, but since then he has failed to feature in more than 18 club games in a given campaign.

Bailly’s concerns about his position in the defensive hierarchy began last term when Lindelof and Bailly were partnered during the 2-1 Europa League semi-final defeat to Sevilla and despite playing his 100th game for the club in the first leg against Milan, the former Villarreal defender believes the time has come to move on.  

Bailly was dropped after the calamitous 6-1 defeat to Tottenham in October and has completed just nine games for the club since then.  




Share this article


Source: Read Full Article