LIVE – Champions League draw: Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City hoping to avoid Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in the last-16… as Europe’s big guns prepare to move into the knock-out stages
- Europe’s elite will soon discover their next opponent in the Champions League
- Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City make up England’s representatives
- Barcelona and Atletico Madrid provide tricky match-ups as they finished second
- Champions League draw for the last-16 gets underway today at 11am GMT
- DRAW GUIDE: Everything you need to know ahead of round of 16 draw
- Latest Champions League news, live action and results can be found here
The group stage brought great goals, great saves and great upsets as Manchester United and Inter Milan were the biggest casualties – but attention now turns to the last-16 draw for the Champions League.
Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City form England’s representation in the knockout stage of the competition and all head into Monday’s draw as group winners.
Barcelona and Atletico Madrid represent the runners-up to avoid while many will be keen to steer clear of defending champions Bayern Munich.
Follow Sportsmail’s NATHAN SALT for live Champions League draw coverage which will include all the fixtures for the round of 16 and the build-up.
Here we are, approaching the business end of yet another Champions League campaign.
The group stages are fun but there will be no more Krasnodar vs Rennes or Olympiacos vs Marseille as attention turns to the last-16.
We are not far away from the draw taking place at UEFA’s Nyon headquarters so stick with me for all the updates as Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid are among those waiting to discover their fate.
Source: Read Full Article