‘I got it wrong on Harry Maguire!’: Sportsmail’s Chris Sutton holds up his hands on England’s centre back, who he said should have been left at HOME… but expects his ‘sternest test’ against Senegal, on WORLD CUP CONFIDENTIAL
- England will face Senegal in their last 16 match at the 2022 World Cup on Sunday
- Harry Maguire, who has enjoyed a positive tournament, will play once again
- Sportsmail’s Chris Sutton has admitted he got it wrong about Maguire playing
- He did however warn that Senegal will provide the defender’s toughest test yet
- Follow all the build-up to England’s clash with Senegal via Sportsmail HERE
- Click here for the latest World Cup 2022 news, fixtures, live action and results
England’s game against Senegal will be the toughest test of Harry Maguire’s World Cup campaign so far, according to Sportsmail’s CHRIS SUTTON.
The defender has enjoyed a positive tournament so far after doubts over his place in the side following a poor run of form for club Manchester United that saw him lose his place in the starting XI and fall down the pecking order at Old Trafford.
Sutton admitted he was wrong about saying Maguire shouldn’t have been in the England squad, but warned the 29-year-old will have to be on his game to deal with the Senegal attack at the Al Bayt Stadium later today.
Also in today’s WORLD CUP CONFIDENTIAL:
- Rob Draper on whether Gareth Southgate will look to field the same starting XI that saw off Wales in England’s last 16 tie
- Chief Sports Writer Martin Samuel on how Southgate’s use of substitutions is the final piece needed to complete his managerial jigsaw
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE
Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday writers Ian Ladyman, Martin Samuel, Rob Draper and Chris Sutton were speaking as part of Sportsmail and MailPlus’s daily videocast ‘World Cup Confidential’.
It appears on MailOnline every morning of the tournament and can be found on our YouTube channel.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article