Dominik Szoboszlai set to leave in January as Arsenal plot swoop

Mikel Arteta is working every day to install his vision at Arsenal.

The Spaniard has undergone a contrasting 12 months at the Emirates after leaving his role as Pep Guardiola’s assistant at Manchester City. The peak of that early success came when the Gunners collected the FA Cup, but most recently the club suffered a humbling 3-0 defeat at home to Aston Villa.

The January transfer window is fast approaching and Arteta will have his eye on some potential deals in the hope of improving the options at his disposal, and with that in mind here are the Arsenal transfer rumours for Thursday, November 19.

Manager confirms Arsenal target likely to leave in January

Jesse Marsch has confirmed he expects Dominik Szoboszlai to leave in the January transfer window.

Arsenal have been heavily linked to the Hungarian midfielder who has a £23m release clause in his Red Bull Salzburg contract.

Now, Salzburg manager Marsch has confirmed on the Futbol podcast with journalist Grant Wahl that he expects Szoboszlai to leave in January.

“Yes,” Marsch said, when asked if he believes Szoboszlai will leave. “The reality is that a guy like Dominik Szoboszlai is likely to have many suitors this winter.

“He’s an incredible talent, and I say this: When you coach young players, you have to love them and love the fact that they’re going to move on and love that they’re going to have big opportunities to prove themselves and show how good they are.”

The 20-year-old has been heavily linked to Arsenal after a deal to Milan fell through during the last transfer window.

Arsenal to complete youngster deal in January

Get the latest Arsenal news straight into your inbox!

Mikel Arteta's Gunners have been starved of title glory for a while now – but things could be changing as a new-look Arsenal side plot a course to success.

You won't miss a single thing on their journey if you sign up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter, either!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

New signings Gabriel Magalhaes and Thomas Partey have hit the ground running following their big money summer arrivals, and the new-look Gunners are going all out for a top four spot and Europa League glory this term.

The Mesut Ozil situation continues to hang in the background and there's plenty going on in North London to keep abreast of.

Want to sign up and follow Arteta's journey? Put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.

Arsenal will complete a deal for Hertha Berlin’s Omar Rekik in January, according to reports.

Rekik, 18, was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in the summer, but the two clubs were unable to complete a deal in time for the deadline.

The Daily Mail previously revealed that the club had agreed a £900,000 fee with Hertha for the defender’s services

Now, football.london can reveal that Rekik will link-up with Mikel Arteta’s side in January after the two clubs completed the deal.

The teenager is the younger brother of Dutch international Karim Rekik and started his career with Manchester City like his brother.

It is believed that Per Mertesacker has already told Rekik he will enjoy regular participation with Arsenal’s first-team once he arrives at the club.

Arsenal missed out on Premier League attacker

Arsenal were interested in singing Diogo Jota, but the player turned down their approach according to reports.

The Portuguese international was a target for the Gunners in 2016 while he was still at Pacos de Ferreira.

Atletico Madrid eventually won the race for his signature and handed him a five-year deal, but according to The Athletic , Arsenal were one of several clubs keen to secure the attacker.

“Atletico’s way of presenting their offer seemed serious to me,” he explained.

“The financial offer was the same as the others. I liked how the club’s owner went about it.”

Source: Read Full Article