Pep Guardiola has been ridiculed on social media after revealing that Manchester City will have to play the kids against Wycombe Wanderers in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night.
Guardiola was criticised by his own supporters last week after moaning about City's home support, and now opposition fans have joined in too following his latest outburst.
The Spaniard could be without as many as five first-team players for the third round visit of the Chairboys to the Etihad Stadium.
Aymeric Laporte, John Stones, Rodri and Oleksandr Zinchenko all missed Saturday's Premier League clash with Southampton, as Guardiola's side were held to a 0-0 draw at home.
The City boss confirmed Ilkay Gundogan is also a doubt for the match with Wycombe and admits he will need to utilise the club's academy for the tie.
"I don't have any alternative… we are going to play a few young players," Guardiola said.
"We have John (Stones), Aymeric (Laporte), Oleks (Zinchenko), Rodri and I think Gundogan all of them injured.
"It's a good opportunity for the academy – that's why they are there."
Posting on Twitter, football fans had little sympathy with Guardiola's predicament.
One fan joked: "As a Newcastle fan I sometimes feel we're the worst most depressing club ever. Then I remember the challenges Man City face and it's all put in perspective."
Someone else said: "You gotta feel for the scrappy underdog that is Manchester City. It’s truly a testament to Pep’s genius they’re not relegated every year."
Another added: "It must be hard having 3 full squads pep."
A fourth user commented: "Never heard of a man complain about a £1billion squad as much as this fella does. City's B team could get Top 4 ffs what's he playing at?"
"Poor you with all your billions spent," lampooned another.
Not withstanding those who are injured, Guardiola also hinted that he would rest key players, with one eye on Saturday's trip to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Don't miss a thing with our football updates!
Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?
Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.
How do you sign up?
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.
And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
"Some players might rest for the games we have coming up ahead of us," he added.
"Ruben (Dias) played all of the minutes so far and Joao (Cancelo) played all of the minutes, too, so I don't think they will be able to play in this game."
Source: Read Full Article