Kylian Mbappe made personal phone call to Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez

Kylian Mbappe made a personal phone call to deliver the bad news to Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez after agreeing a new deal with PSG that will keep in in France for another three seasons.

The 23-year-old had been linked with a move to La Liga all season as he snubbed talks over a contract extension to remain in Ligue 1, but has now made up his mind before becoming a free agent.

Mbappe has chosen to remain with PSG having won four league titles with the club since his 2017 move from Monaco, and made that clear in an honest telephone chat with Perez this week.

Fabrizio Romano told his followers on Saturday (May 21) that Mbappe wanted to tell the Real Madrid chief of his decision directly.

He also said that his new deal with PSG was done and fully confirmed, having been linked with a transfer to Real Madrid for the last year.

As recently as Friday, former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino told PSG fans that he had no idea what the striker would decide to do with his future.

Has Kylian Mbappe made the right call? Tell us in the comments section

He said: "I hope Kylian is still here for many years to come but I also can't lie. I don't know what is going to happen. There are lots of rumours going around but the player is the one who will have to talk about this."

With Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti saying when asked about the links this week: "We're used to these things.

"We're focused. The atmosphere is very good. What happens outside, and what's talked about, doesn't affect us at all.

"Nobody asks me about [Mbappe]. I spend my time at [the training ground] Valdebebas, in my car and at home. Sometimes I like to go to Madrid's good restaurants, but nobody asks me about that… The only thing I have in mind is the final."

Source: Read Full Article