Man Utd face £50m asking price for Jadon Sancho transfer alternative as Spurs eye ace

Manchester United are facing the prospect of entering into a bidding war with Tottenham for Bournemouth winger David Brooks, who the Red Devils have been eyeing as an alternative to Jadon Sancho. The Sun claims the Cherries are asking for £50million for the winger.  

Bournemouth are determined to keep hold of Brooks this summer after seeing Ryan Fraser and Callum Wilson leave.  

Following last season’s relegation to the Championship, the south coast side were expected to have a fire sale in order to balance the books. 

So far, the bulk of their players have stayed put – bar from a few exceptions. 

Fraser departed at the end of his contract, while Nathan Ake left for Manchester City and Callum Wilson signed for Newcastle. 

JUST IN: Arsenal icon Ian Wright cracks Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang contract joke after Fulham win

Now, however, they are facing a fight to keep hold of another of their star talents, with Brooks attracting attention from the Premier League. 

The winger has been linked with four teams in the top six, with Liverpool, Manchester United, Leicester City and Tottenham all said to have been keen. 

Liverpool’s interest has waivered, and now United are set to battle it out with Spurs and Leicester for his signature. 

The Sun reports that Brendan Rodgers is a big fan of the youngster, and is keen on making him the Foxes’ marquee signing of the summer window.  

DON’T MISS
Barcelona board happy Wijnaldum will stay at Liverpool because of Thiago [GOSSIP]
Conor McGregor breaks silence after arrest for attempted sexual assault [NEWS]
Man Utd transfers: Felix Sancho alternative, Woodward £23m plan, Bale [ROUND-UP]

United had Brooks pinned as a potential alternative to Sancho, as they are facing difficulties in signing him.  

Borussia Dortmund are standing firm on their £108m valuation and asking price, and it seems unlikely they will lower their demands before the transfer window closes.  

United have a string of other targets on their shortlist if they are unable to do business with the Bundesliga giants.  

Real Madrid outcast Gareth Bale and Juventus ace Douglas Costa are both being viewed as potential targets, though Brooks would more than likely be the cheapest of the lot. 

Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer in the summer window so far

PREMIER LEAGUE ON TV: Get NOW TV Sky Sports season pass and save 25 percent

The Sun also reported on Saturday that United were preparing to give up on Sancho unless Dortmund decide to lower their asking price soon, because they are cautious of the impacts of a second Covid-19 wave. 

Fans could potentially be held back from attending games until 2021, and United are said to be facing the prospect of losing £5m per game.  

United are still keen on signing another forward this summer, but are ready to end their interest in Sancho for now. 

The Premier League’s decision to cancel their Chinese broadcasting deal worth £564m is also said to have caused United to re-think the move. 

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here

Source: Read Full Article