Man Utd think Jadon Sancho ‘will be ready for Crystal Palace match’ ahead of transfer

Manchester United are reportedly ambitious that Jadon Sancho will be ready to play for the club by the time their Premier League opener against Crystal Palace comes around. The Red Devils remain locked in talks with Borussia Dortmund over a deal which would see them beat the club-record £89million fee paid to Juventus for the signing of Paul Pogba in 2016.

United are believed to have made progress on the agents fees yesterday, something that has been holding up the progression of the deal.

Having said that, the main problem for United has always been agreeing a fee with Borussia Dortmund.

The German club have been quite clear throughout that they will not negotiate a lower figure and £108million must be paid in full this summer.

So far, United are yet to launch an official bids and have threatened to walk away from the table.

JUST IN: Borussia Dortmund using three transfers against Man Utd in Jadon Sancho negotiations

Ed Woodward is adamant that Dortmund should take the COVID-19 crisis into consideration and revise their sky-high value of Sancho.

But as far as the Bundesliga outfit are concerned, Sancho is staying put for the upcoming season and they are under no pressure to sell.

According to Norwegian journalist Fredrik A N Flitvedt, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains confident that a deal can be done and United are even planning to get it over the line in time to use Sancho against Palace on September 19.

Flitvedt tweeted: “Solskjaer should be frustrated that things take time, but United feel increasingly confident that they can reach an agreement with Dortmund on Sancho. United have ambitions that he is ready for the Palace match.”

DON’T MISS 

Aston Villa want Man Utd star who is perfect makeweight for Jack Grealish swap deal

Arsenal offer PSG second star during Hector Bellerin transfer negotiations 

Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer holds secret Thiago transfer meeting ‘in person’

United’s Premier League campaign was set to get underway this weekend at Burnley but they were granted an extra week off to prepare following their Europa League campaign last season, which ran right into August.

The club are now set to face Aston Villa in a friendly behind closed doors and away from the spotlight.

Dean Smith’s side did the same last weekend when they won 3-2 at Arsenal as they gear up for their season opener at home to Sheffield United.

Bild’s Christian Falk recently claimed Sancho may have to force through a move this summer but that’s unlikely given he recently signed a contract extension with Dortmund.

LATEST LIVE SPORT TV DEALS

Get Sky Sports for just £25 per month for 3 months

Get BT Sport for HALF PRICE

“It’s important for United fans to know that he still wants to go to Manchester United,” he said on The Beautiful Game Podcast.

Before adding: “Dortmund knows there is quite a promise, if a club bring the price and pay the €120million he can leave.

“He’s already agreed to United so there are not any other clubs in for him.”

Dortmund’s Bundesliga campaign also gets underway on September 19 when they take on Borussia Monchengladbach at Signal Iduna Park.

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here

Source: Read Full Article