A pitch invader briefly disrupts England’s Euro 2020 final against Italy at Wembley as he caught stewards off-guard, sprinting away from a chasing steward to cheers from the crowd before eventually being caught
- The pitch invader got down to pitchside before clambering over the hoardings
- The man evaded the attention of stewards to cheers before his eventual capture
- Marco Verratti found the funny side of the incident that took place on 87 minutes
- BBC commentator Guy Mowbray condemned the fan’s actions at Wembley
- Find out the latest Euro 2020 news including fixtures, live action and results here
A pitch invader briefly stopped play in the latter stages at Wembley as England played Italy in the final of Euro 2020.
The man stumbled down to pitchside before catching stewards in the area unawares in the 87th minute and hurdling the advertising hoardings to reach the pitch as he sprinted away from a chasing steward.
The fan was cheered on as he temporarily evaded capture before eventually being caught.
The fan takes his top off after entering the pitch and has his fun before eventually being caught
A bemused Mason Mount looked on as the man evaded stewards to cheers from the crowd
He was eventually caught and led away as the BBC’s Guy Mowbray condemned his actions
BBC commentator Guy Mowbray said: ‘Somebody will be going home much sooner than they wanted to I suspect. It’s not what anybody wanted.
Marco Verratti seemed to find the funny side, while Harry Maguire looked on in frustration.
John Stones had possession before play was stopped as referee Bjorn Kuipers dropped the ball at the Manchester City centre back’s feet to restart.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article