Referee spotted sharing water bottle with Ukraine star during England clash

Referee Felix Brych was spotted sharing a water bottle with Ukraine star Roman Yaremchuk during their clash with England – sparking outrage on social media.

England are currently taking on Ukraine in the quarter-finals of Euro 2020, with Gareth Southgate's men leading 4-0 thanks to goals from Harry Maguire and Jordan Henderson along with a Harry Kane brace.

It's proved a fascinating affair at the Stadio Olimpico, where Andriy Shevchenko's men went close to levelling proceedings in the first half before the Three Lions pulled away after the interval.

Nevertheless, one of the biggest talking points of the opening 45 minutes came when referee Brych took a swig of Yaremchuk's water, which didn't go unnoticed on Twitter.

Fans were left baffled at how the German official was able to share a bottle with one of the players amid strict Covid-19 protocols, taking to the social-media platform to express their confusion.

One wrote: "Referee sharing a water bottle with a Ukraine player. We're in the middle of a pandemic *face palm emoji*".

Do you think England will Euro 2020 this summer? Let us know in the comments section below.

Another put: "Did a player just share a water bottle with the referee? Seems very covid-secure *eyebrow raised emoji*".

A third commented: "The referee sharing a bottle of water with a Ukraine player is the most uncovid thing I've ever seen."

Another wrote: "No chance did I just see the referee share a bottle with a Ukraine player".

While one moaned: "Ref drinks from same bottle as player screw covid ffs wake up peeps."

Kane gave England the lead in Rome, racing onto Raheem Sterling's pass and slotting past the goalkeeper after four minutes.

One minute into the second half Maguire doubled their advantage by powering home a terrific header from Luke Shaw's free-kick.

Kane then added his second and England's third of the game four minutes later, capping a superb free-flowing move which saw Sterling and Shaw combine before the latter teed up the Three Lions captain.

Substitute Henderson then came off the bench and got in on the act with just over 25 minutes remaining.

Source: Read Full Article