Ronaldo 'offered £62MILLION-a-year deal to join Saudi giants Al Nassr'

Cristiano Ronaldo ‘offered £62MILLION-a-year deal to join Saudi giants Al Nassr’ after the World Cup… with the 37-year-old now a free agent after his tumultuous Manchester United exit

  • Cristiano Ronaldo has been offered a contract by Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr
  • Portuguese star has been offered a deal worth £186 million over three years
  • Ronaldo is a free agent after his Manchester United contract was terminated
  • The 37-year-old is said to be keeping his options open following the World Cup

Cristiano Ronaldo has been offered a bumper contract to continue his playing career after the World Cup.

The 37-year-old departed Manchester United by mutual consent earlier this month, following a tumultuous relationship with club chiefs that only worsened when he made a number of controversial statements in a TV interview with Piers Morgan.

Throughout the summer Ronaldo had stated that his desire to make a move away from Old Trafford was in large part motivated by the club failing to qualify for Champions League football.

Cristiano Ronaldo has been offered a three-year deal worth £186million by Saudi club Al Nassr

Ronaldo left Manchester United on Tuesday after having his contract terminated by the club

While Saudi Arabian giants Al Nassr might not be able to provide European football for Ronaldo, they have offered a contract to the legendary striker according to a report from CBS Sports.

A three-year deal worth £186million is said to be on the table in order to entice Ronaldo to make the switch to the Middle East, but the player is still evaluating the options available to him.

Al-Nassr are one of the most successful clubs in Saudi Arabia, having being crowned winners of the country’s top flight nine times, with their most recent triumph coming in 2019. 

Prior to the World Cup, Chelsea were seen as the most likely Premier League destination for Ronaldo, particularly given Todd Boehly’s long-standing admiration for the Portugal captain.

Chelsea owner Todd Boehly was said to be interested in bringing Ronaldo to Stamford Bridge but the club has reportedly ‘gone cold’ on a move

However reports suggested earlier this week that the club had ‘gone cold’ on signing the forward, but that the situation was fluid should Boehly change his mind.  

Blues boss Graham Potter is also not believed to be interested in signing the five-time Ballon d’Or winner, despite his team having scored just twice in their last five Premier League fixtures.




Share this article


Source: Read Full Article