The next three signings Newcastle hope to make after completing Callum Wilson transfer

Newcastle completed the highly-anticipated signing of Callum Wilson from Bournemouth for a fee in the region of £20million on Monday. Express Sport takes a look at Steve Bruce’s next potential incomings.

Newcastle beat off significant competition to lure striker Wilson, who scored 41 goals in five Premier League seasons for Bournemouth before their relegation last term, to St James’ Park.

“From the minute I knew that Newcastle were interested, it was definitely something that appealed to me,” said Wilson, who follows Jeff Hendrick in joining the club this summer. “It’s a massive club with great history. Along the years, they’ve had great strikers so if I can emulate half of what they’ve done, I’d like to attempt that.

“I believe in my ability as a player. As a striker I think it’s important to set yourself goals long term and short term, and I’m hoping to achieve them.

“With the players around me, I believe we can get the goals we need as team and I want to help contribute to that.”

Express Sport takes a look at the next three players who could be joining Wilson through the arrivals door.

Ryan Fraser

Wilson’s former team-mate at Bournemouth should be confirmed as Steve Bruce’s third major signing of the summer transfer window later today.

The Scotland international, who opted to walk away from the Cherries on June 30 when his contract expired, has agreed personal terms and passed a medical.

Wilson and Fraser set the 38-game season Premier League record for goal combinations (12) in the 2018/19 campaign.

“Ryan Fraser was a great partner of mine at Bournemouth,” Wilson said. “We had great communication. He’d be a great addition to any team and I’m looking forward to playing with him, if he comes here.”

Jamal Lewis

The Norwich full-back will be next if he successfully completes a medical on Tuesday.

Lewis is currently on international duty, which has delayed the process. Northern Ireland host Norway this evening.

A £15m fee has been agreed with Norwich for the 22-year-old, who attracted interest from Liverpool earlier in the summer.

He will be hoping for a more successful spell in the Premier League with Newcastle after suffering relegation last term.

Rob Holding

Newcastle fancy a new central defender but a move for the Arsenal ace has hit a spot of trouble.

Sky Sports claim the Gunners are unwilling to allow Holding to depart for the time being, despite the two clubs holding talks over a loan deal.

The arrival of Gabriel Magalhaes, coupled with William Saliba’s long-awaited return from Saint-Etienne, is likely to limit Holding’s opportunities this term.

A number of Arsenal defenders have uncertain futures, however, so a swoop for Holding depends on whether the likes of Shkodran Mustafi, Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Calum Chambers stay or go.

Source: Read Full Article