Save articles for later
Add articles to your saved list and come back to them any time.
Mitchell Johnson and David Warner remain on a collision course in Perth with confirmation from his management on Wednesday that the fast-bowling great would be calling the first Test for the station.
There had been intrigue over Johnson’s place in the network’s calling team after he was left off a list of 18 commentators sent out by Triple M on Tuesday.
Mitchell Johnson will be calling the first Test for Triple M in Perth.Credit: Getty Images
Despite the media storm created by Johnson’s fiery column slamming Warner, the Perth-based former speedster is intent on fulfilling his commitments.
It sets up the prospect of the pair crossing paths at Perth Stadium next week though Johnson may not be as comfortable seeking out Warner as Justin Langer was 12 months ago at his first meeting with his old charges after his exit as national coach.
Superstar all-rounder Glenn Maxwell refused to weigh into the situation with his World Cup-winning teammates.
“It’s BBL time, we’re about the Stars,” Maxwell said with a smile.
Johnson had said earlier in the week he would be part of the Triple M team in Perth.
“I will be doing some commentary for Triple M in the first Test,” Johnson said on his podcast The Mitchell Johnson Show with journalist Bharat Sundaresan.
“We’ll see what happens there. Don’t know what’ll happen. Don’t want to think about it too much. Just take one day at a time. Stay present, that’s been my motto of late, be honest to myself. Again, when you look at all the feedback, I’m just trying to be within the moment.”
More to come
News, results and expert analysis from the weekend of sport sent every Monday. Sign up for our Sport newsletter.
Most Viewed in Sport
From our partners
Source: Read Full Article