Conor Benn may have to wait until January for result of his suspension appeal

Conor Benn may have to wait until January to find out if the British Boxing Board of Control and UK Anti-Doping win their appeal against the lifting of his suspension.

The British welterweight’s team were due for a hearing this week but that will only determine if the National Anti-Doping Panel or the Court of Arbitration for Sport will hear the appeal.

UKAD and the BBBofC are appealing the result of a NADP decision that meant Benn could not face charges for two failed tests with Voluntary Anti-Doping Association for banned substance Clomiphene last year.

READ MORE: John Fury tells KSI to 'be a man' and pay him £200,000 after Misfits loss to Tommy Fury

READ MORE: Joshua Buatsi vs Dan Azeez undercard goes ahead but Boxxer confirm venue change

Sky Sports is bringing you 500 live football games to watch, as well access to Cricket, Golf, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA and more across eight dedicated channels. Sky Sports is the only way to watch all the action this year.

£22 a month

It is understood that Benn’s team want this and any potential further hearings to be dealt with by CAS. It is also believed that Benn and promoter Eddie Hearn want the fighter to be able to continue his career in the UK while the process remains ongoing and he is not suspended by UKAD.

Benn – who returned to the ring last month in Florida for the first time since the emergence of his failed tests – would need to apply for a BBBofC licence and his team will petition for this to be allowed. It’s not clear if the BBBofC would allow this but they are understood to be reluctant.

Should Benn be allowed to fight in the UK? Let us know what you think in the comments section below

Benn wants to face Chris Eubank Jr – who he was due to face last October until his failed tests were revealed – either in December or January with Hearn insisting he will take the fight to Abu Dhabi if the BBBofC don’t relent.

"We think legally there's no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to fight in the UK but obviously it's their decision," the Matchroom chief told 5 Live earlier this month, adding: "If we are not allowed to do that, we will hold the fight internationally but our preference of course is to bring that big fight to Britain."

Source: Read Full Article